10 Best New Product Survey Questions
So you want to offer a new product, course, service. Something you absolutely know that your customers need and will love!
Or are you a little unsure if they will actually buy it?
In our Armenian home growing up, lamb was a staple especially on Sunday. I still love it!
Eggplant, on the other hand? That is another story! Fried, stuffed, mashed. Couldn’t stand it then – still can’t stomach it.
Now if my mom would have surveyed my sisters and me ahead of time on all our favorite foods, we could have made her shopping so much more efficient!
A boy can dream, right? 🙂
As entrepreneurs, we can’t afford to make costly mistakes creating products and services that nobody wants. To create a product that sells, a product that your customers can’t say no to… you must focus on your customers’ needs.
The more you hone in on what is frustrating them and what is causing them to be stuck, the more likely you will make a real connection and inevitably a sale. But how do you know what those needs are?
BY SENDING OUT A SURVEY
Well, maybe or maybe not.
Based on our own hits and misses in creating surveys, I’ve included a list of questions that you can swipe and tweak to fit your target audience.
One caution, though…when starting out, err on the side of fewer questions over a boat load. Make it easy for your prospects to submit their feedback.
Radio buttons, checklists, multiple choice, yes-no questions are quicker to answer than open-ended questions. Offer both types to get thorough feedback, but keep the questions that require typing to a minimum.
10 TOP SURVEY QUESTIONS (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER)
- Are you the decision-maker for your organization? Yes/No
- How do you prefer consuming content? Radio Buttons or Checklist [Physical or Digital; Desktop, Tablet, or Phone; Video or Audio]
- Which of my products have you already purchased? Check all that apply. Checklist
- What is the number one factor you consider before purchasing a product? Radio Buttons [Value, Price, Format, Length of Course]
- What is your favorite way to learn? Check all that apply. Checklist [1-on-1 online, 1-on-1 in person, Recorded video/audio modules delivered sequentially, Recorded video/audio modules delivered all at once, Group webinars w/Q&A]
- How many online courses have you bought in the last twelve months? Radio Buttons
- Do you prefer to pay for a product in full, or with a payment plan? Radio Buttons
- Which of the following topics would you be interested in learning about? Checklist
- How much time are you willing to spend per week on course assignments? Radio Buttons
- If you could take part in helping me create one product that would best meet your needs right now, what would that be? Open Ended or Multiple Choice
Hopefully these ten questions will help get you started in confirming that your customers really do want and are willing to pay for your next product.
And speaking of surveys…we could sure use your help!
To help us develop our line of a la carte marketing services…we welcome your input! Click here to take a quick survey.
CyberServices™ include strategic marketing blueprints, magnetic copywriting, landing pages that sell, perfect-pitch sales videos, fully designed marketing assets, and more.
The last thing you want to do is spend hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars developing something that your prospective buyers are going to say, “Yuck, eggplant again? I’ll pass.”
Seize the day!